Dr. B R PrasannakumarJune 6, 2022 2022-06-06 4:36
Dr. B R Prasannakumar
Dr. B R Prasannakumar
Dr. B.R. PRASANNAKUMAR has taken over as the Director, Kerala Institute of Co-operative Management (KICMA).
He has obtained Ph.D from Gandhigram Rural University and M.Phil from Annamalai University. His MBA is from the National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM) Delhi with attachment program at Edinburgh Business School Scotland. He obtained M. Com & LLB from the University of Kerala.
Professional Trainer Qualifications:
- National Level Recognized Trainer on Design of Training certified by DoPT, Govt of India.
- Direct Trainer Skills (DTS) run by DoPT, Govt of India
- Experiential Learning Techniques (ELT): run by DoPT, Govt of India
- Service Delivery Resource Person certified by Govt of Kerala, INTAN & ASCI
Details of Experience in Financial Administration:
More than 25 years of practical experience in public finance and financial administration in various departments and organizations under the State Government of Kerala. He has served as the Finance Officer for five years at the Central University of Kerala (Under the Ministry of Education, Govt of India).
Experience in Teaching:
- Full time Faculty Member for more than seven years in Financial Management at the Institute of Management in Government (IMG).
- Teaching in MBA department of Central University of Kerala during the tenure as Finance Officer at the University.
- Empaneled as Academic Counsellor by 1GNOU in Financial Management
Experience in Research, Training, Consultancy and Extension:
- More than 30 years of research experience spanning from as early as 1987. Contributed research articles on finance and accounts in the Desk Encyclopedia edited by the veteran scholar Sri. N.V.Krishna Warrier and Published in 1988 by DC Books, Kottayam.
- 24 years of training experience. Empaneled as resource person and engaged as guest faculty in Financial Management in training institutions and departments viz, Institute of Land Management, Institute of Health & Family Welfare, Finance Department, Centre for Parliamentary Studies – Kerala Legislature Secretariat, Institute of Management in Govt etc since 1998.
- Consultancy work of recruiting Accountants in 1054 Area Development Societies of Kudumbashree Mission spread out in all the Panchayat Raj Institutions (PRI), across Kerala (2014).
- Consultancy for a 10 days Management Development Programme (MDP) in Double Entry Accounting System (DEAS) for Accountants of autonomous bodies using experiential learning tools (ELT) (2009).
- Established the National Centre for Land Governance at IMG, a new initiative in collaboration with DAR & PG, Govt. of India. (2013)
- Consultancy international placements for four students in M.Sc International Planning & Sustainable Urban Management, School of Real Estate, Henley Business School, University of Reading, the United Kingdom, for 21 days, July-August, 2014.
Special Distinctions & Recognition granted for specific contributions
- Selected to participate and contribute to the Modernizing Government Programme (MGP) an initiative of Govt. of Kerala in 2006 and certified jointly by Government of Kerala, INTAN Malaysia and ASCI Hyderabad as a resource person in service delivery management.
- Member Board Studies in School of Management at Central University of Kerala.
Award from Kerala Sahitya Academy:
- Thunjan Smaraka Award for Literary Criticism in 1998 from Kerala Sahitya Academy
Books and Papers Published:
- Book published in 2015 titled ‘Inclusive Growth and Microfinance’. Publisher: Sonali Publications, New Delhi with ISBN 978-81-8411-566-6.
- Articles on finance and accounting in the Desk Encyclopedia 1988 published by DC Books Kottayam, Kerala.
- Article on “The Economics of Hunger -The thoughts of Amartya Sen” in Malayalam published in Samskara Keralam April 2002
- Article on “Body language” in Malayalam published in Thozhil Rangam April 2004.
- Published articles on official language Malayalam in Thozhil Rangam Sept 2003 & Nov, 2004.
- Talk in English on All India Radio on the topic “Global Financial Crisis A Common Man’s Perspective”. Broadcasted on 15.07.2009
- Script and research for the documentary in All India Radio on National Rural Employment Scheme. Broadcasted on 22.11.2007
- Research paper on “e-governance and Service Delivery – Scope and Implementation Issues” published on the website at http://www.napsipag.org/PDF/BR_PRASANNAKUMAR.pdf in 2009.
- Published several articles on literary criticism in Malayalam journals issued from Kerala Sahitya Akademy, Kerala Bhasha Institute, Kerala Library Council, Directorate of Public Instructions etc from the year 1981.
Areas of Interest:
Administrative Law, Service Rules, Public Finance, Financial Accounting, Research Methodology.